Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Today was a rough one.

Not surprising since we'd been off for 4 whole days. Keeping Superkid focused has been a chore. Since I bought Pickles some "school" things (a lacing/puzzle thingy & pattern set), she was pretty busy on her own. Although she did want interaction, so she added a bit to the distraction. I had plenty of other things that came around to keep me distracted too, phone calls and unexpected things going on tonight to prepare for.

I also forgot that I added a few things to today. I wanted to do a "narration wrap-up" of what he learned the past two weeks. I just asked him: (I typed while he talked) 1. What did you learn? 2. What was your favorite part? He had a hard time being specific, so we worked through it. Then I just copied a picture (cute one with his apple tree & a big smile!) into the document & printed it out. I also added another "narration wrap-up" of his read aloud he just finished. (Pocket Full of Pinecones) He just simply told me about the book and I had him rate it (from 5 stars).

So, couple that with the fact that we already feel behind, since we took monday off. It's no wonder we're all dragging & struggling to finish this day!

So, it's 3:30 now & I think we're almost done. We've got handwriting left I think. We'll just keep chugging away until we're totally finished. It looks like we don't have far to go now.

No comments: