Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Canada Wrap-Up

ECC - MFW
Week 7 & 8 (Canada)
What have you learned?
I have just learned all about some gross recipes from Canada. Like "blood pudding" - ewe! And there was a recipe which had the jaw of a moose! Wowzie. I learned about the Northern Lights. I didn't even know about the Northern Lights. Some of the police ride horses instead of cars. Guess what? Some recipes even have snow in them! And instead of states they are provinces. Some of them were Yukon, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. I knew that there were a lot of Indians which are called Inuits.

In science I learned that pond skaters are very little, littler than a fly. I had never heard of a skunk cabbage before. And I never knew what the black dots were in the frogs eggs and the salamanders, then I found out it was the baby frogs and salamanders that would soon hatch and swim around. I never knew what herons name were. Herons are a type of bird with long legs and wade in the water and wait until a fish or a frog comes by or even a water snake. It uses it's long beak to spear or grab the animal.

What are some favorite things you did?
My favorite thing was learning about the Kingfisher. I had seen the Kingfisher in a video before and liked how they dive into the water. At first they would jump into the water downward and right when they are about to go into the water, they put in their wings so they would look like a missile. When lots of them were going in, it looked like missiles were going into the water.

No comments: