Friday, December 21, 2007

Unit Studies/The Checklist

What a great resources!

If you have been homeschooling for any amount of time, I'm sure you've at some point stumbled upon the great website from Oklahoma and you may have heard of Cindy Downes. If not, here's a few links to some really awesome things I stumbled upon today.

First of all, since it's Christmas - I'll give you think link to her free Christmas Unit Study. Then, since you're interested in her unit studies now, I'll give you the link to her long list of free unit studies!!

And, to top it off, here is a link to a really great homeschool resource she created called The Checklist. It has a list of EVERYTHING you could think of that we want our children to learn in the course of our homeschool. It's one of the best tools I've seen to make sure you "fill in the learning gaps" and assures that you cover it all (as best as humanly possible). Very cool in my opinion.

I personally think the Checklist would be great to have as a yearly planning tool. As the end of the year approaches, it's always a good time to make sure you're on track for what you planned in your homeschool for the year or the long haul.

Here's yet another resource I'm putting on my wish list. :-)

No comments: