Thursday, October 4, 2007

Finishing up the second week.

This seems to be going faster than I thought it would. Since I didn't schedule math or english on Friday's it makes it pretty easy to do extra work beforehand so that we could take Friday's off. All that is scheduled this Friday is Bible, Vocabulary, Geography and making a cake. :-) We may do the cake decorating tomorrow? Supermans birthday is on Monday and he took the day off work, so I'm not sure how next week will work.

We woke up earlier and got started early this morning, so adding a few extra things in hasn't been hard. We just did the extra Bible study right after todays and the same with our geography. It worked well.

For everyone's information, I will be skipping the "animal life" lesson today. I just can't do it. I've been trying to psych myself up since I first saw it, but alas I'm chickening out. If you don't own the curriculum and you are interested in what it is that I could be talking about, send me an email & I'll fill you in. ;-)

So, after two full weeks of using this curriculum I have found I fall very short in the area of the "book basket" and with the songs. Well, maybe not the songs as much -we have done them twice a week (but, not on the specified day - which is fine!) I just find that my kids like to run around crazy while they listen to the songs, so I put it off. Oh well. Anyway, as far as the book basket, I thought we'd do really well with these and maybe we're not doing too bad. But, we are certainly not reading every day. I think I've only sat and read them out loud once or twice in the full two weeks. My son does take liberty to sit and read them (and I've "made him" sit once or twice - not that he REALLY minds that much, but still...) I'd like to go through them with him more, but after sitting with him all day doing school time, it's a struggle to get myself to sit and read out loud anymore. We'll see if it gets any better (or if I come up with any grand ideas).

Anyway, I'll be back later to post some pictures up: Our planted apple tree, the science experiment gone wrong, and the cake!

See you then.

No comments: