Friday, January 18, 2008

Props for MFW!

Wow. I just happen to stumble across The Homschool Magazine Excellence Awards.

My Fathers World won a TON!

I think they are doing the 2007 awards soon. That's what someone had mentioned on the board (which is how I came across the whole thing.) I couldn't find anywhere about voting or anything. I'll update if I find it.

Anyway, here's what I found.

My Fathers World Placed last year:

#1 in Bible. (that's where it matters most you know!)
#2 in History. (that's the second place that was important to me)
#2 in Geography
#2 in Phonics (not applicable to me - yet)
#2 in Music
#2 in Overall Friendliness
#2 in Best Unit Study
#3 in Most Unique
#3 in Best Classical Resource

3rd Place in Best Overall Homeschool Co.

And, I had never even heard of it until this past year.

I wholeheartedly would vote for My Fathers World, because it really is that good. I think it would work for almost any family. It is VERY user friendly, which makes it easy to adapt for your own home and your personal situation. It is as flexible or as strict as you need it to be. Even though it isn't cumbersome with workbooks and schoolwork, there is a LOT of learning going on. Just enough hands-on that it keeps school fun and interesting, yet everything has been easily accessible and simple. Everything ties in so well as a good unit study should.

A good way to describe it is as a backbone to your homeschool. It gives you a plan to go by, but it also guides you every step of the way. It allows you to get "side-tracked" if you'd like for awhile, but it's there when you're ready to move on. It keeps you focused so you keep on track for where you want to go. It is by far the most usable and effective curriculum I have seen so far.

Yep. I like it. :-)

1 comment:

Rose Starr said...

We are MFW users and lovers as well. So fun to hear about all those awards! I just talked to David recently on the phone...he called to see how we were doing with MFW...wow! A personal phone call! He asked if I'd be willing to help at our home educators convention in Denver this summer. I would love to...can't say enough good things about the past two years that we've used it! Thanks for sharing :)
~Rose