Friday, January 18, 2008

We're almost there!!




I thought this little guy was cute that Superkid drew. I'd love to get a Chameleon, but - they eat crickets! I do NOT want crickets in my house. Ick.
THIS picture was done by Pickles!! I found it after we were done with our school time. I noticed she was listening in and said she was going to draw "that one", but I didn't really think she was going to try. I think we have a budding artist. This isn't the first time she's surprised me with her art work. She just puts her mind to something and then does it. Isn't that neat?
. . . .
So, I had mentioned I was just going to go ahead and do both weeks of bible together. Well, I wound up splitting up the bible into the two parts, because I realized you really can't rush it. I find myself praying for the people from "window's on the world" throughout the week and I didn't want to "just get it done." I wanted to take time to think on each of the areas we were praying for.

I LOVE THAT PART OF ECC!!!

I just think it is so cool that we are praying for people throughout the world as we learn about them. I will miss this when we go on to the next "year." (hmm...she's thinking about change and she put the word YEAR in quotes...hmm...wonder if anything strange is coming in the short future??)

Ahem.

Anyway, so we are just about done with Brazil.

-We are still working through our read-aloud

-We have the projects still to do.

-I'd also like to have him work on some of geography games online I found before we call it quits.

-I think there are a few book basket books we're still looking through.

But, all in all I feel pretty confident we're just about ready to leave.

After we finish, I am putting all the books away until way after Baby comes. (Well, maybe we'll stick with math and english just because I'm a mean mom like that, tee hee hee)

If I get some good pictures of the projects I'll post them. I'll also post up the "wrap-up" and the "narration" before saying goodbye for awhile, since we're trying to get prepared for a little one around here. Are you ever prepared for a newborn to rearrange life for you?

OH, and at some point I'll pop in to reveal the "news" that could just indicate some kind of change around here. :-)

No comments: