Thursday, January 31, 2008

South America Wrap-up


What have you learned?

I learned a lot about the Amazon jungle. I learned a lot about the Auca tribe. I learned a lot about the animals too. Like the bird-eating spider and the gibbon ape. I like how fast the gibbon ape can go through the jungle. I also like the flying squirrel. I learned that South America has the most computers, almost more than America. The Yanomamo indians think that the people who lived before them came from the moon and they are very scared to point at the moon in case their fingers rot and fall off. I know pretty much all of the countries in South America. There are 12 countries in South America: Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Chili, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Ecuador, -then the hard ones in the north-east (by Venezuela): Guyana, Suriname and Cayenne. (Superkid had to look up the last three. We're not sure why there's 13 when everything we've read says 12.) I have a couple of favorite animals that I like, one of them is the flying squirrels, the flying lizard and the chameleon. I like the chameleon the best.

What is your favorite thing you did?
I liked the project that we just did - an airplane project. We made paper airplanes from the airplane that Nate Saint was in.

Here's Superkid's MAF airplane:



















And here's Pickles:










Aren't they cute hanging there together?





















And here's my superkid hard at work.


















Although we really enjoyed Brazil, I wish we would have been more focused. I'm so preoccupied with the new baby, I found myself struggling to enjoy these weeks. We didn't do as many projects as we should have. Maybe later we'll come back around and do some of the things we skipped. Either way, we all learned a lot about South America and that's why were doing it right?

So, we're closing the books until after the baby.
Stay tuned to find out what the big news is...

No comments: